The Holiday season is here! Time to hit the road to celebrate with friends and family soon! Is your pet coming with you? Make sure your pet is ready to ride with you safely! Here are a few important tips for traveling safely with your pet!
10. Pack enough of your pet’s medication for the duration of your trip.
9. Use a pheromone collar or spray to de-stress and calm.
8. Always keep calm around your pet so s/he does not sense your stress or anxiety.
7. Keep a current photo of your pet in case s/he gets lost.
6. Use direct flights if possible and travel on non-peak flights.
5. Research pet friendly hotels before making traveling plans.
4. Pack a first aid kit for your pet.
3. Bring an extra collar and leash along.
2. Microchip and register your pet, with all important information on a tag attached to collar.
1. Have an extra copy of your pet’s veterinary documents.
Gresham Animal Hospital is equipped to provide the service and treatment your pet needs under one roof. Keep Gresham Animal Hospital in mind next time your dog or cat needs a checkup, shots, or vaccines. Give us a call at 503.666.1600 to schedule an appointment today.
“You’ll see how much we know, and you’ll know how much we care.”