Happy National Pet Day!! One of our favorite days at Gresham Animal Hospital, National Pet Day gives us a chance to appreciate our pets that we love so much!
Of course there are so many reasons to celebrate our pets, but the biggest goal of National Pet Day is to educate the public about the surprising number of different kinds of pets that are available for adoption at shelters, rescues and farm sanctuaries. Any domestic animal you can think of is in the care of an organization or foster family looking for a forever home. We’re talking about dogs, cats, bunnies, birds, horses, cows, sheep, goats and other small animals.
The Top 10 Ways to Celebrate National Pet Day
1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
2. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to care for the animals.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells pets from puppy or kitten mills.
5. Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets!
6. Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on our Facebook page!
7. Assist an ill, elderly or a financially struggling neighbor or friend by purchasing pet food, hay or needed items for their pets.
8. Have a portrait painted of your pet.
9. Buy your pet a fun new toy….or two…or five.
10. Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot.
SRC: Read more about pet day: www.petdayusa.com/
SRC Photo: www.pinterest.com/pin/231794712048268477/
Gresham Animal Hospital, we have been providing loving care to our patients and their owners since 1944. Whether you’re seeking a routine check-up or vaccination for your new puppy, an advanced diagnostic test to evaluate your adult cat’s health, or an intricate surgical procedure to save your pet’s life – Gresham Animal Hospital is equipped to provide the service and treatment your pet need under one roof. Call us today at 503.666.1600 to schedule an appointment.